Monday, February 27, 2012

Out of Balance.

Does everyone question whether they’re in the “right” place or doing the “right” thing?  Like, has Beyonce ever thought, “Man, if only I’d signed up with that temp agency after Destiny’s Child broke up, I could be HR Manager for a small law firm in Seattle doing normal people things like conceiving and giving birth to a biological child instead of closing down an entire maternity ward so that my black market baby could be snuck in the back door and placed in my arms just after my stylist has given me a sensible, matronly curl and applied some ‘beads of sweat’ to my face from within a spray bottle because I had my sweat glands removed when I was 22!” …?

I took the Chinatown to New York this week.  What a terrible way to travel.  The itinerary was specific and brief -- arrive in Chinatown at 6:30 AM on Tuesday morning, snag a couple hours of sleep, then pack up as many of my things from my old apartment as possible before heading out to see friends for the night, then shove my items into another friends SUV and head south to arrive home by 8:00 PM on Wednesday.  Everything went according to plan.  I even came in under budget; take that, Devil on my shoulder!

But now, here I am, asking myself whether I’m in the “right place” or have a made a terrible mistake?  The scales are out of balance, now it's up to me to set them straight.  I'll start by eating this egg salad sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment