Two nights ago it was NOT unseasonably warm, as it has been all winter. After a 16 hour work day, I arrived home around 11:15 and changed into a torn blue t-shirt, my over-sized red sweatpants, *black tube socks, a black hoodie underneath the puffiest winter jacket I own and placed a wool cap upon my crown [pause...inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...groovin'] before making myself a hot bowl of chicken flavored Ramen noodles which were overcooked, not my preferred al dente [note to self, maybe it IS time to start working on the Creative Guide to Cooking With Ramen Noodles I've been meaning to write], then headed out onto my balcony to enjoy some fresh air and a "meal". There really is something wrong with the world when a person works 16 hours and can still only afford to eat this way. I sat there, looking like a pile of dirty laundry and I thought to myself, "Well there's one less thing to miss about NYC, the only difference now is that the bum on my front porch is me." I slurped up my last squiggly noodle and headed inside for a quick doodle -- check that unintentional rhyme! -- before resting a recharging for another day.
The Bedtime Doodle
*Don't judge.
No comments:
Post a Comment